Arsenal vs Norwich City
PICK: bet365 @ -1 ARS (-122)
DATE: July 1, 2020 - 1:00 PM
STAR RATING: 9.0
EXPERT: Soccer Authority
EVALUATION: Win (900) - Final Score ARS 4 at NC 0
We're playing Arsenal -1 Asian Handicap - 9* play
Arsenal will be buoyed by their recent 2-0 win over Southampton. They’ll look to build on that here against the already relegated (98% chance) Norwich who will surely be rotating their best XI after their intense FA Cup 1/4 final
- Even with their issues lately, Arsenal have been good at home against the bottom 6. In their last 10 matches against bottom 6 opponents they have won 7 scoring on average 2 per game.
- Under Arteta, Arsenal have played three teams at home in the Premier League that are in the bottom half of the table
- They won all three matches. 4-0 vs Newcastle, 3-2 vs Everton, and 1-0 vs West Ham
Norwich are coming off 120 mins of play in the FA cup against Man Utd today and they lost another defender (klose suspended) As we know runs like these require excellent squad depth and Norwich don't have that.
- As mentioned above, Norwich are practically relegated so I don’t see motivation levels being high.
- With Klose, Zimmerman, Byram, and Hanley all unavailable we will likely see Tettey partner up with Godfrey. Both players played 120 mins against Man Utd. Not many other options will be available to them.
- Tettey dropping from DMC will mean weakness for Norwich in midfield. He’s their best midfielder at disrupting opposition attacks (no other Norwich midfielder makes more interceptions per 90)
- How will morale be for Norwich? they came within minutes to taking Utd to penalties only to be completely deflated by Maguire’s 118’ winner.
- When these sides met earlier in the season they were on different trajectories and drew 2-2. Ljungberg’s Arsenal did generated 1.96xG to Norwich’s 0.81. It's fair to say Arsenal even with their injuries are in a better place right now.
Had the circumstances been different I wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with this bet, however Norwich will be there for the taking on Wednesday. Expect Arsenal to capitalise.