NCAAF Power Rankings Week 14 from Scott “The Bulldog” Rickenbach
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- What a season it has been for Alabama and now they just need to get by the Bulldogs in the SEC Championship Game to remain undefeated.
2. Clemson Tigers -24.5
- Clemson has had a fantastic season and now they get a Pittsburgh team they should dominate in the ACC Championship Game.
3. Notre Dame Fighting Irish -24
- The Fighting Irish truly impressed in the 2nd half of the game at Southern Cal last week and now prepare for, deservedly, being a part of the upcoming College Football Playoff!
4. Georgia Bulldogs -23
- The Bulldogs took care of business against rival Georgia Tech last week but tough break for Georgia as they must face the mighty Crimson Tide in the SEC Championship Game this week.
5. Oklahoma Sooners -22.5
- Oklahoma got the job done at West Virginia and now do battle with Texas in the Big 12 Conference Championship Game. Sooners truly a different team since firing their defensive coordinator mid-year.
6. Ohio State Buckeyes -22
- Ohio State completely dominating Michigan last week and now take on Northwestern in the Big 10 Conference Championship Game. Will Buckeyes be flat from huge win over Wolverines?
7. Central Florida Knights -21
- Central Florida deserves plenty of credit for getting by So. Florida even after the devastating injury to QB McKenzie Milton during the game but UCF faces Memphis for AAC Title with redshirt freshman QB!
8. Michigan Wolverines -20
- Wolverines defense WAS tops in nation but there is simply no excuse for the way Michigan played overall in The Game at Columbus last week. How will they now respond in upcoming bowl game?
9. Texas Longhorns -19
- The Longhorns dominated two weeks ago versus Iowa State as they played surprisingly well on both sides of the ball. Texas then beat Kansas but now face tough Sooners in the Big 12 Championship Game!
10. Florida Gators -18.5
- The Gators took care of business against rival Florida State last week and now prepare for a bowl game after finishing as the 3rd best team in the SEC regular season.
11. Washington Huskies -18.5
- The Huskies got the upset win over rival Washington State and earned a spot in the Pac 12 Conference Championship Game against Utah this week! Expect much closer game than regular season meeting!
12. Penn State Nittany Lions -17.5
- The Nittany Lions have had an overall solid season and yet they were simply done in by the fact that they couldn’t get the job done against the elite teams in the Big Ten. Now awaiting bowl time!
13. Washington State Cougars -17
- Cougars lost to Washington in the battle for the Apple Cup last week after having won 13 straight home games. Now “only” a bowl game is up next for a disappointed Washington State team.
14. LSU Tigers -17
- LSU fell just short in the unbelievable 7-overtime thriller against the Aggies last week. The Tigers now await their bowl game as they finished the regular season with 3 losses just like Florida and Kentucky.
15. West Virginia Mountaineers -16
- The Mountaineers struggled closing out the regular season as back to back losses to Oklahoma State and Oklahoma put an end to hopes of playing in the Big 12 Conference Championship.
16. Kentucky Wildcats -15
- Kentucky had a solid season and the 3-loss Wildcats just couldn’t get the job done in the biggest games but still are a quality team looking forward to a strong performance in their bowl game.
17. Utah Utes -15
- Utah very solid season but are injuries at QB and RB too much for the Utes to overcome and knock off a surging Washington team in the Pac 12 Conference Championship Game?
18. Syracuse Orange -14
- Syracuse had quality season that was truly a pleasant surprise. The Orange now await a bowl game and look to continue to build momentum heading into next season.
19. Boise State Broncos -13
- The Broncos got the job done against Utah State to set up a showdown with Fresno State in the Mountain West Conference Championship Game! It features two strong teams both playing well.
20. Mississippi State Bulldogs -12.5
- Mississippi State played solid defense this season but, of course, playing in the tough SEC is why this Bulldogs team has 4 losses and that makes them the top 4-loss team in the nation! Now bowl time.
21. Fresno State Bulldogs -12
- The Bulldogs had already clinched the MWC West Division two weeks ago, so they knew heading into last week that they would face the winner of Utah State/Boise State this week for MWC Championship.
22. Texas A & M Aggies -12
- The Aggies certainly earned this spot in the rankings as the 7-overtime win over LSU proved their resiliency. Texas A & M likely to prove to be a tough match-up for their upcoming bowl opponent.
23. Northwestern Wildcats -11.5
- The Wildcats are a 4-loss team but, like Miss St, Texas A & M and Iowa St, they have faced a tough schedule and deserve being ranked. Northwestern now faces Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship!
24. Iowa State Cyclones 11.5
- Five straight wins for the Cyclones was the story two weeks ago heading down to Austin but that poor effort against Texas was surprising. Iowa State now awaits their bowl game.
25. Utah State Aggies -11
- The Aggies barely survived at Colorado State two weeks as they were looking ahead to last week’s showdown with Boise State. Falling short, Utah State cost themselves a chance to play for the Mountain West Conference title. Now they wait for their bowl game. Solid 10-2 season but they needed 11-1.