NCAAF Power Rankings Week 13 from Scott “The Bulldog” Rickenbach
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- Alabama continues to cruise as they blasted The Citadel and now face Auburn as a deservedly big favorite this week.
2. Clemson Tigers -24.5
- Clemson continues to roll as they smashed Duke and, as expected, are a very large favorite against rival South Carolina this week.
3. Notre Dame Fighting Irish -24
- The Fighting Irish are on fire and dominated Syracuse last week and now face the Trojans. The fact the game is at USC keeps things interesting for this one.
4. Georgia Bulldogs -23
- The Bulldogs continued surging and crushed Massachusetts last week and now get to continue to flex their muscles against rival Georgia Tech this week.
5. Michigan Wolverines -23
- Wolverines defense tops in nation but overall Michigan looked past Indiana last week as they had Ohio State on deck for this week. Now comes The Game with a value line with game at Columbus.
6. Oklahoma Sooners -22
- Oklahoma’s roll resumed against Kansas last week which was a nice reprieve after fierce battle with Oklahoma State the prior week. Sooners traveling to West Virginia won’t be easy.
7. Central Florida Knights -21.5
- Central Florida deserves plenty of credit for obliterating Cincinnati last week. Now they face a South Florida team that might have the ability to step up in a big game.
8. Ohio State Buckeyes -21.5
- Ohio State barely beat Maryland last week and their head coach continues to deal with poor health. Not the way the Buckeyes wanted to head into the showdown with Michigan.
9. Washington State Cougars -21.5
- Cougars QB Minshew on fire and now Washington State hosts Washington for the Apple Cup and they’ve won 13 straight home games.
10. LSU Tigers -21
- LSU got a much-needed break by facing Rice last week but now they face a tough challenge going to College Station to take on the Aggies.
11. Texas Longhorns -18
- The Longhorns are off a very impressive win last week versus Iowa State as they played surprisingly well on both sides of the ball. Now a nice break for Texas with facing Kansas this week.
12. West Virginia Mountaineers -17.5
- The Mountaineers get a chance to redeem themselves this week as they host Oklahoma. However, losing to Oklahoma State whom was off war with Sooners not a good sign for West Virginia.
13. Penn State Nittany Lions -17
- The Nittany Lions have had an overall solid season and yet they were simply done in by the fact that they couldn’t get the job done against the elite teams in the Big Ten.
14. Florida Gators -17
- The Gators barely got by South Carolina two weeks ago, but they got a welcome break by hosting Idaho last week. Now another tough match-up as they face rival Florida State this week.
15. Utah State Aggies -16.5
- The Aggies barely survived at Colorado State at Colorado State as they were looking ahead to this week’s showdown with Boise State which is likely to be a tremendous game.
16. Washington Huskies -16.5
- The Huskies had no trouble with the weak defense of Oregon State last week. Now they visit Washington State and the Cougars are seeking a school-record 11th win. Upset alert?
17. Kentucky Wildcats -15
- Kentucky got a break by facing a CUSA foe last week and now face rival Louisville with Cardinals truly enduring a very ugly season. Wildcats, as expected, a large favorite in this one.
18. Utah Utes -15
- Utah was very strong in the 2nd half of their win at Colorado last week and now face rival BYU this week in a game they should dominate but will injuries finally catch up with Utes?
19. Syracuse Orange -14.5
- Syracuse finally got exploited in their ugly loss to Notre Dame last week. The Orange had been having a surprisingly solid season but take a big drop in the rankings after poor results in a big game.
20. Boise State Broncos -13
- The Broncos dominated New Mexico but now face a huge showdown with Utah State this week which is set up to be quite the ballgame based on two strong teams both playing well.
21. Mississippi State Bulldogs -13
- Mississippi State continues to display solid defense and they responded well after the Alabama loss by taking out their frustration on Arkansas last week!
22. Fresno State Bulldogs -12
- The Bulldogs clinched the MWC West Division which means now they can simply look forward to playing for the MWC crown next week against the winner of the Utah State/Boise State match-up.
23. Northwestern Wildcats -12
- The Wildcats are a 4-loss team but, like Mississippi State and Iowa State, they have faced a tough schedule and are deserving of a spot in the rankings.
24. Iowa State Cyclones 11.5
- Five straight wins for the Cyclones was the story last week heading down to Austin but that poor effort against Texas was surprising. Iowa State barely holding onto a spot in the rankings.
25. Cincinnati Bearcats -11.5
- The Bearcats finally got exposed by a Central Florida team that continues to impress. Cincinnati barely hangs onto a spot in the rankings as a result of poor effort versus the Knights.