Early May Recap: Top Performers
Lets begin by seeing how the Experts have fared so far in NBA and NHL Playoffs, as well as MLB this season. Also, we will take a look at some of tonight's Playoff matchups, as well as some fresh series starting in MLB!
Steve Merril: 12-5 (71%) +$6,610
Jesse Schule: 18-11 (62%) +$5,995
Zack Cimini: 12-9 (57%) +$2,178
7:00 PM ET Clevland vs. Atlanta | ATL +2.5; O/U:199.5
The Cleveland Cavaliers are fresh off the greatest 3-point shooting performance in NBA history and look to once again dismantle the host Atlanta Hawks in Friday's Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. Cleveland knocked down a record 25 3-pointers - the most in the regular season or postseason - while rolling to a 123-98 win that represents its 10th consecutive playoff victory over the Hawks.
Shooting guard J.R. Smith made seven 3-pointers en route to 23 points while point guard Kyrie Irving and small forward LeBron James each made four as the Cavaliers turned the arena into their personal shooting gallery. "(It) was a special night for all of us who played," James told reporters afterward. "This league has seen so many great teams, so many great players and great shooters and for us to set an all-time record is truly special." Atlanta was demoralized while facing a 74-38 halftime deficit and shooting guard Kyle Korver was in disbelief over what he was viewing. "When they put those shots down, I don't know if anyone can beat them, to be honest," Korver told reporters. "We were hoping that they'd start missing at some point."
9:30 PM ET San Antonio vs. Oklahoma City | OKC +2; O/U: 200.5
San Antonio power forward LaMarcus Aldridge has been unstoppable in the Western Conference semifinals but all that production has only provided the Spurs with a split. Aldridge and San Antonio look to move ahead in the series with the host Oklahoma City Thunder when the teams resume play in Friday's Game 3.
Aldridge is 33-of-44 shooting in the two games while putting up 38 and 41 points as the Thunder were powerless to slow him down. "One man can't beat you, so we're fine with that," Oklahoma City backup guard Dion Waiters told reporters. "If they want to continue to get out of their offense and throw the ball down there to him, we're fine with that. One guy can't beat us, no matter how much he scores." The Thunder lost the first game of the series by 32 points before putting forth a much better effort in Monday's controversial 98-97 victory - a contest in which the NBA said there were five officiating calls missed in the final 13.5 seconds. "It's over now," Aldridge told reporters the following day. "You can't keep harping on it."
Al McMordie: 15-5 (75%) +$7,406
Power Sports: 18-14 (56%) +$1,146
Brandon Shively: 2-0 (100%), +$2,000
7:00 PM ET Tampa Bay vs. NY Islander | NYI -106; O/U: 5
Probable: TB - B.Bishop (0.926%) | NYI - T.Greiss (0.926%)
Captain John Tavares and Kyle Okposo look to get back on the scoresheet as their New York Islanders try to avoid a deeper hole in the second-round series when they host the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 4 on Friday. Tavares and Okposo, the team's top two scorers who accounted for 55 goals in the regular season, have gone without a point the last two games as the Islanders dropped both to fall behind 2-1 in the series.
New York coughed up three leads before losing 5-4 in overtime Tuesday while Okposo and Tavares each finished with a minus-2 rating, getting blanked on eight total shots by Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop. “It’s all part of the playoffs,” Islanders forward Josh Bailey, who scored twice Tuesday, told reporters. “You’re going to have these swings, and these ups and downs. It’s all part of the ride.” The Lightning have been successful getting top defenseman Victor Hedman (six points, plus-3 in series) out against Okposo and Tavares as much as possible. Tampa Bay right wing Nikita Kucherov scored the tying goal with less than a minute left in regulation – his seventh of the playoffs – and Brian Boyle won it in overtime Tuesday after Islanders coach Jack Capuano said he unleashed an illegal check on New York defenseman Thomas Hickey.
MLB Year to Date:
AAA Sports: 36-25 (59%) +$13,775
Marc Lawrence: 22-9 (71%) +$10,961
Steve Merril: 28-14 (67%) +$9,862
We’re five weeks into baseball so that means a price drop on our Covers Experts MLB Regular Season Subscription! Now save $150 and get the best in Regular Season MLB picks & advice for only $849. As an added bonus, purchase a Regular Season subscription and get the Playoffs for 25% off!
2:05 PM ET Washington Nationals vs. Chicago Cubs | CHC -108; O/U: Off
7:05 PM ET Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees | NYY -115 O/U: 7.5
7:07 PM ET L.A. Dodgers vs. Toronto Blue Jays | TOR -137; O/U: 8
10:40 PM ET New York Mets vs. San Diego Padres | SD +133; O/U: 6.5
The WNBA starts next Saturday and we’ve got you covered on the hardwood with our WNBA Regular Season Subscriptions for only $249. Don’t forget about WNBA Expert Picks as low as $15.
Also, Did you know that we provide horse racing betting advice? Get the best picks just in time for this weekends’ Kentucky Derby. Get Derby Expert Picks as low as $15.
Finally there is Experts Consensus: 27-12 MLB season to date (+$10,737)
Thats right, our premium product is absolutly on fire lately with an impressive 27-12 MLB mark, to help contibute to the EPIC long term 199-128-6 run over the last 336 picks. With a win rate of +60% over the last 5 months and a total 2016 earnings of (+$37,343) you can't afford to miss anoher one of these big plays!
Consensus Monthy - $999 Now $799. Save $200 off the original price and get all picks for 30 days!
Have You Redeemed Your 2 Free Picks?
Becoming a Covers Experts member has never been as good as it is today. Not only will you get access to the very best in picks, tips and advice from industry leading handicappers, but we’ll even let you try out our product for FREE!
You heard right. Join today and we’ll give you two FREE winning picks (no purchase necessary). Here’s how it works: add a credit card to your existing Covers account and once your account is verified, contact us to get your picks and cash in! Don’t worry, you can redeem your two free winning picks at any time – they’ll never expire.
As well, once your account is active you’ll be able to purchase freely and access any picks which you have already bought. To view your chosen picks, simply click on the My Experts tab that is located on the top right-hand corner of the Covers Experts page beside the shopping cart.
New to Covers Experts? Well then this offer is for you! Get two FREE winning picks – no purchase necessary.
Click here to get started!
Customer Support: 1-800-840-9677
(10am - 10pm EST Mon to Fri. 9am - 10pm EST Sat - Sun)
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday Night Betting Preview
Lets begin by seeing how the Experts have fared so far in NBA and NHL Playoffs, as well as MLB this season.
Now for the action this evening...
NBA Playoffs Game 2
8:00 PM ET Miami Heat vs. Toronto Raptors | TOR -4.5 O/U: 189
The Toronto Raptors have been waiting for their All-Star backcourt to step up in the postseason, and aside from one moment in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, they are still waiting. The Raptors will try to get more out of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan and even the series when they host the Miami Heat in Game 2 on Thursday.
DeRozan shot 31.9 percent from the floor in a seven-game victory over the Indiana Pacers in the first round and went 9-of-22 from the floor on Tuesday while Lowry has been even worse, shooting 31.6 percent against the Pacers and slumping to 3-of-13 in Game 1 against the Heat. "I'm trying to get my touch back. I don't know where it's at," Lowry told reporters. "It's kind of mind-boggling right now, and it's frustrating, but I'm not going to shy away from the criticism or anything. I’m going to continue to be aggressive and take shots.” The Miami backcourt carried the team through the final two games of its first-round series against the Charlotte Hornets and stepped up again against Toronto with a combined 50 points from Goran Dragic and Dwyane Wade. Wade, who picked up his 100th career playoff victory with the 102-96 overtime triumph, scored seven of his 24 points in the extra period and stole the ball from DeRozan with four seconds left to seal the win.
8:00 PM ET Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues | STL -143 O/U: 5
Probable: Dallas - A. Neimi (0.903%) | STL - B. Elliott (0.931%)
The Dallas Stars owned the league's most potent attack during the regular season, but the St. Louis Blues are putting on an offensive show in the second-round series between the Central Division rivals. Coming off a six-goal outburst, the Blues can push the visiting Stars to the brink of elimination in Game 4 on Thursday night.
After salvaging a split in Dallas with a 4-3 overtime victory in Game 2, St. Louis steamrolled the Stars 6-1 on Tuesday night, but Blues coach Ken Hitchcock sounded a cautionary tone with the media on Wednesday. "We have a 2-1 lead in a playoff series very much up in the air," Hitchcock told reporters. "They (the Stars) get the game tomorrow and they're thinking they have home ice back again." Emotions were high toward the end of Game 3 and there could be a carry-over effect after St. Louis forward Ryan Reaves blew a kiss to the Dallas bench following a fight with Curtis McKenzie. "Our guys were embarrassed last night, and that's stuff you take to heart," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said of the incident. "That's stuff you use."
9:00 PM ET San Jose Sharks vs. Nashville Predators | NAS -108 O/U: 5
Probable: SJ - M. Jones (0.917%) | NAS - P.Rinne (0.909%)
The San Jose Sharks will look to rebound from their first road loss of the postseason when they visit the Nashville Predators on Thursday night in Game 4 of their second-round series. The Predators bounced back from a pair of losses in San Jose with a 4-1 victory in Game 3, handing the Sharks their first defeat on the road since March 17.
"You're not going to win every game," San Jose coach Peter DeBoer told reporters after Tuesday's loss. "It's the Stanley Cup playoffs. This might take seven games." The Sharks posted an NHL-best 28-10-3 record away from home in the regular season and had won all three road games in Los Angeles in the first round. Nashville erupted for its highest output of the postseason by cranking up a power play that was 2-for-31 through nine playoff games before converting on 2-of-5 opportunities in Game 3. "The biggest thing for us is staying out of the box and staying disciplined, but when we do get called upon, we've got to make a difference," Predators captain Shea Weber told reporters.
MLB power rankings (Week 5)
Power rankings are updated each week on Monday morning.
1. Chicago Cubs (-132) - The Cubs remain the best team in baseball even after a rain-shortened week. The Cubs are now 17-6 on the season in large part due to their excellent pitching staff.
2. Washington (-128) - Washington is 17-7 after 24 games this season. The Nationals’ starting pitching continues to be outstanding while their offense is in terrific current form, scoring 17 runs in their last three games.
3. NY Mets (-126) - The Mets remain hot as they are 11-2 over their last thirteen games. Overall, New York is 15-8 on the season. Their pitching and offense have been terrific recently, and their winning ways should continue on.
4. Chicago White Sox (-125) - The White Sox continue to win despite many non-believers. Chicago is now 18-8 on the season. While it’s true they’ve played an easy schedule, the White Sox pitching has been outstanding so far this season.
5. Kansas City (-124) - Kansas City struggled last week as they went just 1-5, bringing their overall record to 13-11 on the season. Their struggles may continue this week as they’ll play 3 games against the Washington Nationals.
6. LA Dodgers (-123) - Los Angeles also had a bad week as they went just 1-6 over their 7-game homestand. The Dodgers are now 13-13 on the season after their offense scored just 12 total runs in those seven games.
7. Pittsburgh (-122) - The Pirates are 15-10 after four weeks of play. Pittsburgh went 5-1 last week as their offense continues to be in excellent form. The Pirates have scored 70 total runs in their last ten games.
8. Baltimore (-116) - Baltimore is 14-10 on the season. The Orioles are a streaky team as they either win or lose in bunches. They’ve only alternated a win and a loss once this entire season, so pay attention when the Orioles get hot or go cold.
9. Boston (-115) - Boston had a terrific week, and it ended with a 3-game home sweep of the New York Yankees. Overall, the Red Sox are 15-10 on the season which is very good considering they’ve played a brutal schedule so far this year.
10. St. Louis (-114) - The Cardinals dropped in the rankings this week; they are now 12-13 on the season. St. Louis will begin this week on a 4-game losing streak thanks to their pitching which gave up 20 total runs in their last four games.
11. Detroit (-113) - Detroit had a breakout week, going 6-1 over their last seven games. The Tigers are now 14-10 overall, and their reversal of form coincided with a major step-down in class.
12. San Francisco (-112) - San Francisco snapped out of their losing funk after winning four of their last six games. The Giants are now 13-13 overall, and they have a chance to continue their winning ways with six games against the Reds and Rockies this upcoming week.
13. Cleveland (-111) - Cleveland had a poor week as they went just 1-5 while getting swept at home by the Phillies. The Indians are only 10-12 on the year despite coming into this season with high expectations.
14. Toronto (-110) - Toronto continues to be a disappointing team. The Blue Jays are just 12-14 over the first month of the season. Toronto’s offense has been good, but their pitching has been highly inconsistent, especially as of late.
15. Texas (-105) - The Rangers are a respectable 14-11 on the season. The Texas offense is carrying the team, and the lineup is in good form as they’ve scored 30 runs over their last five games.
16. Seattle (-102) - The Mariners are 8-3 over their last eleven games, pushing their record to 13-11 on the season. Seattle’s woeful offense continues to show life as they’ve scored 54 total runs in their last eleven games.
17. Oakland (+100) - Oakland is 13-13 on the season despite going just 3-6 over their last nine games. The A’s play in a lot of close games; 54 one run games last season. Oakland has already played in nine one run games this season; they are 5-4 in those games.
18. Arizona (+105) - Arizona is in poor current form; they are just 1-5 over their last six games which all came at home. Overall, the Diamondbacks are 12-15 on the season. Arizona will begin a 9-game road trip this week, so things may not get any better this upcoming week.
19. Tampa Bay (+108) - Tampa Bay is just 11-13 in their twenty-four games this season. They are just 1-3 over their last four games thanks to an offense that scored just 7 total runs in those games.
20. LA Angels (+110) - Los Angeles has some momentum coming into this week after going 4-2 over their last six games. The Angels are 12-13 overall after the first four weeks of the season. Their offense has come around recently as they’ve scored 32 total runs in their last six games.
21. Colorado (+115) - Colorado continues to play .500 baseball as the Rockies are now 12-12 after the first four weeks of the season. The Rockies have proven to be a tough out despite playing a pretty tough schedule.
22. Philadelphia (+118) - Philadelphia opened the season at 0-4, but they’ve gone 15-6 since. The Phillies are one of the hottest teams in baseball, but can one of the worst rosters in baseball continue to win at this pace?
23. Miami (+120) - Miami finally turned their season around this past week; the Marlins are 7-1 over their last eight games. Overall, Miami is 12-12 on the season, and they can be a much better team than their record indicates.
24. NY Yankees (+121) - New York had another rough week; they are now just 8-15 on the season. The Yankees’ offense is in an extended slump as they’ve only scored 46 total runs in their last 18 games.
25. Milwaukee (+122) - Milwaukee is just 9-15 after the first month of the season. The Brewers’ pitching continues to be a major concern. They’ve given up 5 runs or more in 13 of their last 14 games.
26. Cincinnati (+123) - After opening the season with a 5-1 record, Cincinnati has gone 5-14 to bring their overall record to 10-15. Their losing ways can be mainly attributed to their poor pitching which has allowed 145 total runs on the season; the most in baseball.
27. Houston (+125) - The Astros have been a major disappointment this season; Houston has an abysmal 8-17 record. The team has been terrible on the mound and at the plate, and they simply look like a really bad team.
28. San Diego (+127) - The Padres are just 9-16 after twenty-five games this season. San Diego’s offense is unpredictable as they’ve been shutout seven times this season, and they’ve scored 5 runs or more nine times this season.
29. Minnesota (+129) - The Twins began this season with an 0-9 record, but they’ve gone 7-9 since to raise their record to 7-18. Minnesota is just 1-10 on the road, and they just lost four of six home games as well.
30. Atlanta (+130) - The Braves began the season winless at 0-9, and they’ve gone 6-9 over their last 15 games. Atlanta was on an 5-game losing streak, but they’ve won two of their last three games.
Power Ratings compute offensive and defensive statistics into one number for each team, while accounting for factors like recent performances and strength of schedule. Power Ratings can be used as a baseline for relative spread index to compare current or future match-ups between two teams. The relative spread does not account for non-statistical factors like home-field advantage, recent injuries, game-time decisions, rivalries, publicity, and weather.
Grand Slam: MLB Hot Streaks!
The MLB season is in full swing and baseball is one of those sports where both players and handicappers can fall victim to the dreaded "slow start". Not to worry, as the Covers Experts have come out of the gates on fire and are currently riding some epic hot streaks on the diamond.
Jump on board and tail these 'sharps' right to the bank!
Larry Ness: Amazing 16-4 (80%), +$11,550 MLB Run!
Larry had a big bounce back yesterday after coming up a bit short Monday (1-3). Larry bounced back with a strong Tuesday card (3-1) With a 2-0 MLB Sweep with the White Sox (+800) , and Baltimore (+800). Two more baseball plays loaded today, as well as his NHL Game of the Week.
Power Sports: 32-14 MLB Run, has won 11 of the last 13 days in MLB!
Experts Power Sports has been RED HOT accross all sports in April/May but his MLB run is the stuff of legends. On a 32-14 run which has seen subscribers earn a whopping (+$10,991). Also, rocking a respectible 42-23 A/S last 11 days, headlined by a 71% mark in UFC all time!
- MLB Power Blast (Special Pricing)
Marc Lawrence: Red hot 18-2 L20 MLB!
Marc’s scorching hot run on the MLB base paths (18-2 last twenty best bets) continues Wednesday afternoon and evening with a pair of 10*Killer Plays. Best of all they are each backed with a perfect winning situations inside the games
Experts Consensus: 27-12 MLB season to date (+$10,737)
Thats right, our premium product is absolutly on fire lately with an impressive 27-12 MLB mark, to help contibute to the EPIC long term 199-126-6 run over the last 334 picks. With a win rate of 60%+ over the last 4 months, and a total 2016 earnings of (+$39,253) you can't afford to miss anoher one of these big plays!
Consensus Monthy - $999 $799 Save $200 off the original price and get all picks for 30 days!
A fresh slate of series are on tap today with plenty of opportunity to cash in with some afternoon MLB action. Enjoy the games and take it to the books!
- Covers Team
- Marc Lawrence
- May 6, 2016 - 7:10 PM
- Offered at:
- bookmaker @ -146 Cleveland
Play - Cleveland Indians w/Salazar vs. Ventura.
Edges - Indians: Danny Salazar 2-0 home team starts in this series; and 3-1 home career team starts during May. Royals: Yordano Ventura 1-9 career team starts during May, including 0-5 away.
With Salazar in great form with a 2.40 ERA and a 0.97 WHIP this season, and Ventura in struggling form with 11 BB’s and 10K’s in his last three starts, we recommend a 1* play on Cleveland. Thank you and good luck as always.
> Wow. Marc’s incredible white hot streak on the MLB base paths (20-2 last 22 best bet plays) continues Friday evening with a Top Killer Play in a 100% perfect winning situation. Hurry, put it right at the top of your ticket now - don’t miss out!