ATP Indian Wells: Dominic Thiem v Ivo Karlovic
PICK: pinnacle @ 3 IK (-129)
DATE: March 13, 2019 - 9:00 PM
STAR RATING: 8.0
EXPERT: Tennis Insiders
EVALUATION: Loss (-1032) - Final Score DT 12 at IK 7
Pick: 8* Karlovic +3 Games
- Thiem uses an extreme grip on his groundstrokes and has struggled to find his game on hard courts.
- Playing a big server like Karlovic makes things even more difficult, he uses a one-handed backhand so controlling the return on that wing will be very difficult, especially as his slice is still a work in progress.
- The Karlovic serve also works well in these medium pace conditions, the kick will send the ball almost shoulder height making returning difficult.
- He’s also never played Karlovic before so he’ll need time to adjust and try and read the serve, a 1st set tiebreak is very likely.
- Karlovic is yet to drop a set here and his serve is in full rhythm, expect him to keep this match close and cover the spread. Karlovic +3 Games