ATP Toronto: Kevin Anderson v Grigor Dimitrov
PICK: pinnacle @ KA (-140)
DATE: August 10, 2018 - 12:30 PM
STAR RATING: 9.0
EXPERT: Tennis Insiders
EVALUATION: Win (900)
Pick: 9* Anderson Moneyline
- Grigor Dimitrov leads the head-to-head 6-2 but three of these meetings came on slick low bouncing grass while they've only met once in the past four years.
- Anderson's game has developed significantly in the past three years and his kick serve is very effective due to the trajectory he's making contact with the ball (He's 2.03m in height)
- Dimitrov has come through two tight three set matches but he's hasn't played well and has capitalized on his opponents choking chances to win the match.
- Dimitrov's one-handed backhand is the real weakness as Anderson will serve kicker after kicker into this wing and all Grigor can do is try to slice the return back into play.
- Dimitrov's game simply isn't in a strong enough rhythm to cause Anderson real problems right now, he's missing elementary shots and the pressure of playing a big serve should prove too much.
- Anderson is 18-6 on hard courts this season and the pace and medium bounce allow him to dictate points and be aggressive on the return, expect him to advance to the semi-finals. Anderson Moneyline.