NCAAF POWER RANKINGS WEEK 11
NCAA Power Rankings Top 25 – Week 11
Alabama remains undefeated, but their “air of invincibility” is no longer, after they just barely escaped with a victory in Death Valley. They needed a late fourth quarter comeback to get by rivals LSU, scoring the go-ahead touchdown with just 51 seconds left on the clock. We have a new #1 this week, and if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, it must be OREGON!
1: Oregon - 25
- The Ducks have now won 12 straight, and they executed their revenge on the last team that was able to beat them, going into California and outscoring the Trojans 62-51. The final score is a little misleading, as this game was never in doubt. Kenjon Barner set a school record with 321 yards and 5 TDs.
2: Alabama – 24.5
-The Crimson Tide were very fortunate to remain undefeated, with LSU missing a 38 yard field goal attempt in the final minutes of the fourth quarter, allowing A.J. McCarron to engineer a game winning drive, scoring the go-ahead TD in the final minute of regulation time. They will face another tough test, hosting Texas A&M next Saturday.
3: Kansas State -24
- The Wildcats remain undefeated with a victory over Oklahoma State, but their hopes of a national title may be in jeopardy. Heisman hopeful Collin Klein left the game in the third quarter with an injury, and his status is still yet to be determined for next week, and beyond.
4: Ohio State -23.5
- The Buckeyes actually have the best record in the country at 10-0, unfortunately due to sanctions they will not play in a bowl game this year.
5: Florida -22
- The Gators defense recorded four INTs against Missouri this week, allowing them to escape with a win, despite the fact that Jeff Driskel completed less than 50% of his passes for just 106 yards.
6: Florida State -21.5
- Coming off a bye week, the Seminoles are still 8-1, and they don’t play a ranked opponent until they face Florida in their final game of the season.
7: LSU -20
- The Tigers would have moved back into the top five this week, if they managed to hold onto the lead against Bama. They won’t slide much in the rankings after losing to the top ranked team in the country.
8: Clemson -19.75
- The Tigers offense put up more impressive numbers this week, with quarterback Taj Boyd throwing for five scores in a 56-20 blowout win over Duke.
9: Notre Dame -19.5
- Have you ever heard the expression: “the luck of the Irish”? Well it certainly applies to Notre Dame’s last three victories at home over Stanford, BYU and last week against Pitt. The Irish could have, and maybe should have lost all three of those games.
10: Georgia -19
- The Bulldogs defense hasn’t been that impressive this year, but they certainly turned up the heat the last two weeks against Florida and Ole Miss, allowing a combined 19 points in those two games.
11: Texas A&M – 18.
- The Aggies are 7-2, with their two losses to a pair of tough SEC teams, and both of those games were very close. Johnny Manziel completed a season high 83.3% of his passes in their win over Mississippi State this week.
12: Louisville -17.5
- The Cardinals remain undefeated at 9-0, but their lack of quality competition keeps them out of our top 10.
13: Stanford -16.5
- Kevin Hogan came in to replace a struggling Josh Nunes at quarterback, and the Cardinal shutout Colorado, winning 48-0. Hogan completed 18 of 23 passes for 184 yards and a pair of TDs.
14: Oklahoma -16
- The Sooners bounced back after being upset by Notre Dame last week, getting by Iowa State this week winning by a score of 35-20.
15: Oregon State -15.5
- The Beavers backup quarterback Cody Vaz got the job done again this week, filling in for starter Sean Mannion. Oregon State is 3-0 with Vaz at the helm.
16: South Carolina -15
-The Gamecocks were dealt a serious blow, losing star running back Marcus Lattimore with a potential season ending injury. They are coming off a bye week, giving them time to try to put their season back on track
17: USC -13.5
- The Trojans scored 51 points this week, with quarterback Matt Barkley throwing for almost 500 yards and five scores, but it wasn’t enough to avoid a defeat to Oregon.
18: UCLA -13
-The Bruins ran all over Arizona this week, gaining more than 300 yards on the ground, winning in a blowout 66-10. Three straight victories put UCLA at 7-2 for the season.
19: Nebraska -12
- The Cornhuskers rank 6th in the nation averaging almost 300 yards rushing per game, and they ran for over 300 yards again this week, defeating Michigan State 28-24.
20:LA Tech -11.75
-Only Oregon has scored more points than the Bulldogs this year. Louisiana Tech is 8-1, with their only loss coming to Texas A&M by just two points.
21: Mississippi State -11..5
- After starting the season 7-0, the Bulldogs have now lost back to back games, albeit to a pair of very tough opponents in Alabama and Texas A&M.
22: Toledo -11
- The Rockets have won eight straight games since losing on the road to Arizona in their season opener.
23: Texas -10.75
- The Longhorns quarterback David Ash has led them to three straight victories, getting their season back on track.
24: Kent State -10.25
-The 8-1 Golden Flashes have won seven straight games, including an impressive win on the road against Rutgers.
25: Rutgers -10
- The Scarlet Knights were upset at home by a very good Kent State team, but they still look like they might be the team to beat in the Big East. Coming off a bye last week, they will face Navy in their next game.
- NY Yankees
- Marc Lawrence
- August 30, 2015 - 1:35 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -161 NY Yankees
Play - NY Yankees w/Eovaldi.
Edges - Yankees: Nate Eovaldi 7-1 with 1.58 ERA last eight overall team starts; and 6-1 day team starts this season. Braves: Julio Teheran 4-8 day team starts this season.
The Clincher: The Yankees are 6-0 in Eovaldi’s his last six away team starts. We recommend a 1* play in the Yankees. Thank you and good luck as always.
≥ On the heels of his huge 10* NFL Preseason Play of the Year winner with the Cleveland Browns yesterday, and now 29-11 on 10* selections - and 9-2 his last eleven overall releases - Marc shares on another powerful 10* play on Sunday’s MLB card on the Sunday night ESPN game. Get it now - don’t miss out!
- MLB Cheat Sheets: Aug 27-30
Aug 28, 2015
- Conference USA/Sun Belt Previews
Aug 26, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Aug 25, 2015
- 2015 NFC Division Preview
Aug 25, 2015
- The Barclays Preview
Aug 25, 2015