NCAAF Power Rankings - Week 2
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- The Crimson Tide appear to be destined to return to the playoffs, and for the next few weeks their biggest concern will be staying healthy.
2. Oklahoma Sooners -24.
- Baker Mayfield got his revenge against the Buckeyes this week, then planted the OU flag at midfield. He's the best quarterback in the country, and the favorite to win the Heisman.
3. Clemson Tigers -24
- The Tigers head to Louisville for a massive game that might just have playoff implications.
4. USC Trojans -23.5
- Sam Darnold got off to a slow start, but he looked like a Heisman candidate in the Trojans win over Stanford.
5. Penn State -22
- The Nittany Lions are proving that last season's BIG10 Championship was no fluke.
6. Wisconsin Badgers -21.5
- The Badgers are taking advantage of a favorable schedule, and they will be a double digit favorite at BYU this week.
7. Michigan Wolverines -21
- The Wolverines have picked up right where they left off last season, despite a new look defense.
8. Washington Huskies -20
- The Huskies will look to take advantage of a soft non-conference schedule before they face Colorado in Week 4.
9. Oklahoma State Cowboys -19.5
- Mason Rudolf accounted for four of Oklahoma State's TDs in a 44-7 win over South Alabama in Week 2.
10. Ohio State -19
- The Buckeyes are down but not out. Winning the BIG10 would likely still put them back in the playoffs.
11. Florida State -18.5
- The Seminoles will be well rested by the time they play NC State in Week 4. Given that they will need to replace their starting QB, they aren't likely going to complain.
12. LSU Tigers -18
- The Tigers will play at Mississippi State this week, and last year the Bulldogs lost by just three points at Baton Rouge.
13. Kansas State Wildcats -17.5
- Jesse Ertz is looking good in his senior year, and the Wildcats are a contender in the BIG12.
14. Louisville Cardinals -17
- After suffering a close loss at Clemson last year, the Cardinals will have a chance to execute revenge at home this week.
15. Georgia Bulldogs -16.5
- The Bulldogs won outright as a six point underdog at South Bend in Week 2.
16. Virginia Tech -16
- The Hokies pitched a shutout in a 27-0 win over Delaware in Week 2.
17. Miami Hurricanes -15.5
- The Canes ran for 322 yards and two TDs on 34 carries in a win over Bethune-Cookman in Week 1.
18. Stanford Cardinal -15
- The Cardinal had no answer for Sam Darnold last week, but they should get back on track this week playing at San Diego State.
19. TCU Horned Frogs -14.5
- The Horned Frogs defense has allowed a total of seven points in their first two games, and they are coming off an impressive win at Arkansas.
20. South Florida Bulls -14
- The Bulls might be the most likely team to run the table this season. They have a ton of returning talent, and a Heisman candidate at QB.
21. Tennessee Volunteers -13.5
- The Vols are lucky to be 2-0 after winning in OT at Georgia Tech in Week 1. They will have to be better to beat Florida on the road this week.
22. Florida Gators -13
- The Gators will be a significant favorite at home versus Tennessee this week.
23. Auburn Tigers -12.5
- The Tigers offense stalled in the red zone, settling for a pair of field goals in a 14-6 loss at Clemson in Week 2.
24. Washington State Cougars -12
- The Cougars came from behind to beat the Boise State Broncos, but it wasn't exactly an impressive performance for a team that fancies itself as a contender in the PAC12.
25. Utah Utes -11.5
- Sophomore Tyler Huntley accounted for 389 of the Utes total of 430 yards in a 19-13 win at BYU in Week 2.