NHL Power Rankings: December 2nd
Photo courtesy of Paul Beaty - The Associated Press
1. St. Louis Blues -203 I won't knock the Blues from top spot following a loss in San Jose. After all, it was preceeded by five consecutive wins.
2. Chicago Blackhawks -202 The 'Hawks are right there neck-and-neck with the Blues following a perfect 4-0 week. Each of their last six wins have come on the road.
3. Pittsburgh Penguins -197 Pittsburgh seems to have regained its offensive mojo. A tough week lies ahead with games against the Sharks and Bruins following Tuesday's date with the Islanders.
4. San Jose Sharks -194 Look who's back. The Sharks have turned things around once again, reeling off five straight victories.
5. Colorado Avalanche -193 The Avs continue to play outstanding hockey but I still question whether they have staying power in the top five.
6. Boston Bruins -190 Here's a trend for o/u bettors: Boston has seen just two of 17 home games play 'over' 5.5 goals this season.
7. Montreal Canadiens -187 The Habs are hot right now, winners of five of their last six games to make a big move in this week's rankings.
8. Anaheim Ducks -183 While the Ducks have been struggling, I still believe they have the make-up of a Cup contender.
9. Los Angeles Kings -179 During their current 1-4 slide, the Kings have produced only six goals in regulation time.
10. New York Rangers -175 Who would have thought Brad Richards would be leading the Rangers in scoring nearly two months into the season?
11. Minnesota Wild -171 After a red hot run, the Wild have hit the skids, dropping four in a row while scoring a grand total of four goals.
12. Phoenix Coyotes -166 The 'Yotes can't get out of their own way right now, and things won't get any easier with a four-game road trip on deck.
13. Detroit Red Wings -162 Maybe I was a little hard on the Wings last week. They've gone on a serious tear with Pavel Datsyuk sidelined.
14. Toronto Maple Leafs -158 The Leafs are in a nose-dive and now their schedule is about to get an awful lot tougher.
15. Washington Capitals -155 Washington has gotten its money's worth lately, going to overtime or a shootout in five of its last nine contests.
16. New Jersey Devils -153 The tried and tested formula has been working for the Devils, as they've allowed two goals or less in eight of their last nine wins.
17. Vancouver Canucks -148 The Canucks are about to begin a five-game homestand, where they've posted a 2-9-2 o/u mark this season.
18. Tampa Bay Lightning -145 Tampa Bay is just trying to tread water right now, and doing a pretty solid job of it.
19. Philadelphia Flyers -141 Claude Giroux got off to a miserable start, but he's hot right now, having recorded at least a point in 10 of his last 11 games.
20. Nashville Predators -136 They're not winning pretty, but the Preds have hung tough, notching five wins in their last eight games.
21. Dallas Stars -133 The Stars have looked good at times, but have been anything but consistent in the early going this season - a growing problem in Big D.
22. Ottawa Senators -129 After making such gains last year, the Senators have run into a brick wall here in 2013.
23. Winnipeg Jets -125 The Jets are competitive on most nights, but look like they're at least a year away from being a playoff team.
24. Columbus Blue Jackets -121 We've seen some life from the Blue Jackets lately, but not much consistency.
25. Carolina Hurricanes -117 The Canes had a chance to build some serious momentum this past week, but ultimately fell short, dropping back-to-back home games against the Devils and Canucks.
26. Edmonton Oilers -113 Don't look now but the Oilers are playing their best hockey of the season, winners of five of their last seven contests.
27. New York Islanders -108 There's an awful lot of talent being wasted on Long Island these days.
28. Calgary Flames -103 Having split their last six games, I'll give the Flames an 'A' for effort. They'll get four of their next five games at home.
29. Florida Panthers 104 The Panthers last two games haven't gone so well, as they've been outscored by a 10-3 margin.
30. Buffalo Sabres 108 Buffalo has scored two goals or less in six of its last seven games overall. Needless to say, it has notched only one win over that stretch.
- AAA Sports
- May 24, 2015 - 8:30 PM
- Offered at:
- 5dimes @ 9 -105 Atlanta
This is a 1* Free Play on the Atlanta Hawks.
The Hawks are 0-2 SU/ATS in this series, meaning Game 3 has become a do-or-die scenario for Atlanta. While the visitors will be without the services of shooting guard Kyle Korver, the home side is likely to once again be without the services of Kyrie Irving, and if he does play, he obviously won't even be close to 100%. Korver has been a huge disappointment in the postseason, Irving's issues will surely catch up to the Cavaliers and it's another situational factor that I think we can take advantage of here. And note, this is a spot in which Atlanta has excelled in all year, it's 9-3 ATS in revenging a home loss vs. an opponent, 11-4 ATS off an upset loss as a favorite, 7-2 ATS after a loss by ten points or more and 2-1 ATS when trailing in a playoff series. And note that this is a position in which the Cavs have in fact struggled in this season, just 3-4 ATS as home favorites in the 6.5 to nine points range. I think the No. 1 seed has some fight left in it, this does set up as a natural letdown spot for the home side and while I won't be so bold as to call for the outright upset, I do think the visitors have the potential to keep this one a lot closer than what the oddsmakers are leading us to believe. Consider a second look at ATLANTA in Game 3.
- English Premier League Survival Sunday Preview
May 20, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
May 19, 2015
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial Preview
May 19, 2015
- MLB Power Rankings: Week of May 18th
May 18, 2015
- This Week in the National League
May 18, 2015