NCAAB - Exposing the Top 25
Most Underrated Top 25 Team - Florida Gators (16-2, 11-4 ATS)
The Gators have quietly won eight straight games overall, and they have covered the spread in the last seven of those victories. Florida is shooting 49.3 percent from the field, good enough to rank in the top 10 in the nation, but they are also getting it done on the defensive side of the ball. The Gators have held opponents to fewer than 50 points in three of their last four games, and they haven't allowed 60 points in any of their last seven games.
Florida will face Ole Miss this Saturday, and they have taken the last three meetings with the Rebels. The only other ranked opponent they will face this season will be Missouri, who they have already blown out at home by a score of 83-52.
Most Overrated Top 25 Team - Arizona Wildcats (17-2, 9-8 ATS)
The Wildcats are very fortunate to have a record of 17-2, they have gotten lucky more than once in recent games. Arizona has faced two top 25 teams this season, and they won each of those games by a single point, defeating Florida 65-64, and sneaking by San Diego State 68-67. They lost outright to Oregon on the road, and UCLA at home.
Arizona has failed to cover the points in seven of their last 10 games overall, despite winning eight of 10. They have a couple of tough games coming up against Pac-12 rivals Washington and Stanford, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them lose at least one of those two games.
Unranked Team That Should Be Ranked – Notre Dame Fighting Irish (16-4, 9-8 ATS)
After losing three of their last five, the Irish have fallen out of the rankings, but two of those three losses were close games against tough teams. Admittedly they looked terrible getting blown out by the Hoyas at home, losing 63-47, but they bounced back with a solid road win over South Florida their last time out.
Notre Dame is one of the best shooting teams in the country, hitting 50% from the field this season. The Irish are 4-3 in Big East play, tied with #24 Cincinnati, who they have already beaten earlier in the year.
Notre Dame will host Villanova Wednesday night, and the Wildcats have just knocked of two of the nation's top 5 teams. If the Irish can get the win at home tonight, you can expect to see them back in the rankings next week.
- Will Rogers
- November 28, 2015 - 7:30 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -3.5 -106 Stanford
Notre Dame @ Stanford -4 7:30 EST
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are on the bubble as far as the playoffs are concerned, and they need a win here at Stanford, and possibly some help from teams like Nebraska, Penn State or TCU. The Cardinal's playoff hopes are a little slimmer, but they've already punched a ticket to the PAC12 Championship Game, and a win over the Irish could keep them in the discussion. My money is on a Stanford team that has a far more impressive body of work.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Christian McCaffrey - The Heisman hopeful ran for 192 yards on 29 carries last week, and he also rank back a 98 yard kick for a TD. He should find plenty of room to run against a Notre Dame team that surrendered 214 rushing yards to Boston College last week.
2. Injuries - The Irish are really banged up, and last week they lost leading rusher C.J. Prosise to a high ankle sprain. He's not likely to play on Saturday versus Stanford.
3. X-Factor - The Cardinal are 38-17 ATS in their last 55 home games, and they've covered in seven of their last nine versus a team with a winning record.
Selection: This is a play on the Stanford Cardinal (Free)
- Best bang for your NFL Week 12 daily fantasy buck
Nov 25, 2015
- Thanksgiving Football Podcast (NFL + NCAA)
Nov 25, 2015
- Week 13 NCAAF Line Watch
Nov 25, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Nov 24, 2015
- Week 12 NFL Power Rankings
Nov 24, 2015