Georgetown Worth A Look at 15/1
- 1.The Hoyas don’t buckle against good competition. Georgetown has beaten five ranked teams this season on their way to a current No. 7 ranking.
- 2.Defense. During its current streak Georgetown held Notre Dame to 47 at Notre Dame, Cincinnati to 55 at Cincinnati and (cherry on the sundae) Syracuse to 55 at Syracuse. Not surprising that the Hoyas are 9-1 ATS over that time.
- 3.Probable conference player of the year Otto Porter has been playing out of his mind. The 6-foot-8 string bean had 22 points in the win at UConn, a few nights after sending Jim Boeheim to his Rolaids stash several times by torching the Orange for 33 (and 8 rebounds). Porter had the game-winning hoop against UConn in a game in which the Hoyas trailed in the late going.
- “They could have packed it in, and they didn’t,” G-Town coach John Thompson III said of his club. “They fought back from a double-digit deficit with three of four minutes left.
Nothing is forever in college basketball and the gods might choose to smite the Hoys next. But right now Georgetown is riding high and looks like a bargain at 15/1 to win the NCAA title.
- U (SD at WAS)
- April 24, 2014 - 7:05 PM
- Art Aronson
- Offered at:
- bookmaker @ Under 7.5 -110
1* Free Play “under” between Padres and Nationals.
INCREDIBLE NBA PLAYOFF DOMINATION: WOW! AAA Sports is *EN FUEGO*! He's coming off a 3-1 Wed card! He EASILY hit his NBA "GOW" on Bobcats! 4-1 NBA L2 days, 7-3 in Playoffs! He's 152-119 +$23,960 Y-T-D in the NBA! +$49,062 ALL SPORTS s/ Jan. 19TH! 25-13 (66%) +$8,757 2014 MLB Y-T-D! +20K NHL Y-T-D!
The last time these starters faced each other it resulted in a 2-1 game. Look for more of the same here. The visiting Padres will send Eric Stults (1-2, 4.35 ERA) to the hill. Stults gave up one run on four hits in six innings of work to earn a win over San Francisco at home in his last outing. Stults went eight innings while giving up just run in getting a win for his team the last time he faced the Nats. The home side will send Jordan Zimmerman (1-1, 3.92 ERA) to the bump to oppose Stults. Zimmerman is coming off a loss to the Cardinals where he gave up four runs (one earned) over seven innings on Saturday. Zimmerman has been outstanding against the Friars despite a 1-2 record, the righty has posted a sparkling 1.95 ERA over 32 innings pitched against San Diego for his career. Keep in mind the “under” is 11-2 in Padres games when they have faced teams with winning records this season. San Diego continues to struggle at the plate and that’s not about to change in facing a quality pitcher in Zimmerman. San Diego has scored four runs just once in its last nine games and gone 11 straight without reaching double digits in hits. The Padres have totaled 16 runs while batting .205 and striking out 56 times in their past seven games. Consider taking the “under.”