An NBA Christmas
By Marc Lawrence
From David Stern's book of Christmas…
'Twas the day of Christmas when all through the sport, NBA fans are stirring with no less than five games to sort.
They speak not a word, and go straight to work. Looking to stuff their stockings while not coming off like a jerk.
With presents delivered under the Christmas tree.
Here's my gift to you, for all to see.
The Knicks and the Celtics taking off in flight. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Here is a breakdown of the ten teams playing on Christmas this season and how they’ve performed on Santa’s day since 1990:
• Boston: 1-5 SU and 2-4 ATS
Trending: underdogs all six games
• Brooklyn: 1-0 SU and 1-0 ATS
Trending: 1-0 OVER
• Chicago: 7-1 SU and 5-3 ATS
Trending: 0-4 UNDER last four
• Denver: 1-2 SU and 1-2 ATS
Trending: 0-2 ATS off ATS win
• Houston: 1-3 SU and 3-1 ATS
Trending: 3-0 ATS last three games
• LA Clippers: 1-3 SU and 1-3 ATS
Trending: 0-3 ATS vs. .500 or greater opponent
• LA Lakers: 6-9 SU and 8-6-1 ATS
Trending: 1-6 UNDER last seven games
• Miami: 6-2 SU and 4-4 ATS
Trending: 1-5 UNDER last six games
• New York: 3-3 SU and 2-4 ATS
Trending: 0-3 ATS vs. sub .550 opponent
• Oklahoma City: 2-2 SU and 2-2 ATS
Trending: 1-3 UNDER
Defending Champion Doldrums
Christmas day has not been a gifting experience for defending champions.
That’s confirmed by their lousy 1-7 SU and 2-5-1 ATS mark when facing .700 or greater opponents, including 0-6 SU and 0-5-1 ATS the last six games.
Oklahoma City will look to add to that number as they head to South Beach with revenge on their minds from last year’s loss in the championship finals to Miami.
Non-conference games certainly bring the best defensive effort out in teams on St. Nick’s day.
Eleven of the 13 games played on this day involving Eastern and Western Conference foes have played UNDER the total.
The five games involving a team off loss have all stayed UNDER the total.
Stat Of The Day
NBA teams on Christmas day off a pair of losses are 5-0 ATS versus an opponent off a pair of wins since 1990.
- Marc Lawrence
- July 2, 2015 - 7:05 PM
- Offered at:
- betonline @ -120 Baltimore
Play - Baltimore Orioles w/Gausman.
Edges - Orioles: Kevin Gausman 4-1 career team starts during the month of July, and 3-1 career team starts versus A. L. West opponents. Rangers: Yovani Gallardo 3-10 last thirteen overall away team starts, and 6-11 away career team starts during the month of July.
With the Birds 6-2 the last eight games as a host in this series, we recommend a 1* play on Baltimore. Thank you and good luck as always.
• Marc’s Top Live Plays have been gold, especially in games in which he isolates an underdog that should be the favorite in a game. Best of all it’s backed with a 100% winning angle inside the game. Hurry, get Thursday night’s 5* MLB Top Live Dog Play now - don’t miss out!
- MLB Cheat Sheets: June 29 - July 2
Jun 30, 2015
- July Good Month/Bad Month Pitchers
Jun 30, 2015
- Greenbrier Classic Preview
Jun 30, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Jun 29, 2015
- 2015 Conference USA Football Preview
Jun 28, 2015