NCAAF Power Rankings - Pre Season
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- The Crimson Tide are in familiar territory, sitting at the top of the rankings for the sixth time in school history.
2. Ohio State Buckeyes -24.
- The Buckeyes are the favorite to win the BIG10, and they come into the season with an experiences quarterback in Senior J.T. Barrett.
3. Clemson Tigers -24
- Dabo Swinney has to replace starting quarterback Deshaun Watson and running back Wayne Gallman, but there's still plenty of talent at Clemson.
4. Florida State Seminoles -23.5
- The Seminoles will be thrown into the fire in Week 1, playing Alabama in Atlanta.
5. USC Trojans -22
- The Trojans are favored to win the PAC12, and quarterback Sam Darnold is the favorite to win the Heisman.
6. Oklahoma Sooners -21.5
- The Sooners still have Baker Mayfield, but Lincoln Riley comes in to replace head coach Bob Stoops.
7. Penn State Nittany Lions -21
- The defending BIG10 Champions will try to prove that last season was no fluke.
8. Washington Huskies -20
- It's not going to be easy for Washington to repeat as PAC12 champs, as the rest of the conference has likely gotten a lot better.
9. Oklahoma State Cowboys -19.5
- The BIG12 appears to be wide open this year, and with Mason Rudolf returning at QB, the Cowboys should be right in the mix.
10. Michigan Wolverines -19
- The Wolverines lost a ton of talent to the NFL draft, but you can't count out coach Harbaugh.
11. Wisconsin Badgers -18.5
- The Badgers could be a contender in the BIG10 if they can find some stability at QB.
12. LSU Tigers -18
- The Tigers appear to be heading in the right direction since replacing Les Miles with Ed Orgeron.
13. Stanford Cardinal -17.5
- Bryce Love steps in to replace Christian McCaffrey, and he averaged 7.2 yards per carry as a backup last year.
14. Louisville Cardinals -17
- Heisman winner Lamar Jackson is back for Louisville, and the Cardinals return seven starters on defense.
15. Georgia Bulldogs -16.5
- The Bulldogs have a pair of studs in the backfield with Sonny Michel and Nick Chubb, but they'll need to improve their passing game if they are to take the next step.
16. Florida Gators -16
- The Gators have a ton of depth at quarterback, and that could allow them to be a contender in the SEC.
17. Miami Hurricanes -15.5
- The Canes have named starter Malik Rosier as the starter at QB, and he has just one career start under his belt.
18. Auburn Tigers -15
- Auburn finished the season with an 8-4 record, and the nation's 6th best defense allowing opponents to average 15.6 points per game.
19. Kansas State Wildcats -14.5
- The Wildcats Bill Snyder is perhaps the most underrated coach in the country. Expect his team to be highly competitive in 2017.
20. South Florida Bulls -14
- The Bulls might be the most likely team to run the table this season. They have a ton of returning talent, and a Heisman candidate at QB.
21. West Virginia Mountaineers -13.5
- Will Grier will get a second chance in Morgantown. He was 6-0 as a starter for the Florida Gators in 2015.
22. Virginia Tech Hokies -13
- The Hokies have high expectations in the second season under head coach Justin Fuente.
23. Texas Longhorns -12.5
- After underachieving last season, Texas hired Tom Herman to replace Charlie Strong. Texas has all the tools to win the BIG12.
24. Tennessee Volunteers -12
- The Vols didn't live up to expectations last year, and they come into this season flying under the radar.
25. Utah Utes -11.5
- Sophomore Tyler Huntley beat out Troy Williams and Cooper Bateman for the starting QB job in Utah.