NCAAB - Exposing the Top 25
Most Underrated Top 25 Team - Syracuse Orange (8-0, 5-0 ATS)
It might seem strange to say that a team ranked in the top five is underrated, but the Orange are the only team in the country with a perfect record SU as well as ATS. They haven't faced a ranked opponent since they opened the season with a win in the Carrier Classic over San Diego State, but that game was not close. They own the longest running home winning streak at 28 games, and with five of their next six games coming against unranked opponents at home, you can expect the Orange to remain undefeated for the foreseeable future.
Most Overrated Top 25 Team - Kansas Jayhawks (8-1, 3-5 ATS)
Kansas has won eight of nine, but they are the only team ranked in the top 10 with a losing record ATS. They have only faced one ranked team, and they lost that game 67-64 to Michigan State. They had their hands full when they faced Oregon State last week, just sneaking by the Beavers 84-78. The Beavers were without their starting center in that game, as Angus Brandt saw his season come to an end with a knee injury. The Jayhawks didn't have much trouble with Colorado on Saturday, blowing out the Buffaloes by a score of 90-54. We will see how good they really are when they face the Buckeyes on December 22.
Unranked Team That Should Be Ranked - NC State Wolfpack (6-2, 4-3 ATS)
The Wolfpack have just two losses on the season, and one of those was a very close game against #2 Michigan, losing 79-72. They bounced right back defeating the UCONN Huskies at Madison Square Garden in a very close contest by a score of 69-65. They followed that up by cruising to an easy victory over Cleveland State, shooting 55% from the field and winning 80-63. C.J. Leslie was 7 of 8 shooting with 19 points and eight boards in that game. Their next five games are at home against unranked opponents, and a few more wins should get them back into the top 25 where they belong.
- Will Rogers
- November 28, 2015 - 7:30 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -3.5 -106 Stanford
Notre Dame @ Stanford -4 7:30 EST
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are on the bubble as far as the playoffs are concerned, and they need a win here at Stanford, and possibly some help from teams like Nebraska, Penn State or TCU. The Cardinal's playoff hopes are a little slimmer, but they've already punched a ticket to the PAC12 Championship Game, and a win over the Irish could keep them in the discussion. My money is on a Stanford team that has a far more impressive body of work.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Christian McCaffrey - The Heisman hopeful ran for 192 yards on 29 carries last week, and he also rank back a 98 yard kick for a TD. He should find plenty of room to run against a Notre Dame team that surrendered 214 rushing yards to Boston College last week.
2. Injuries - The Irish are really banged up, and last week they lost leading rusher C.J. Prosise to a high ankle sprain. He's not likely to play on Saturday versus Stanford.
3. X-Factor - The Cardinal are 38-17 ATS in their last 55 home games, and they've covered in seven of their last nine versus a team with a winning record.
Selection: This is a play on the Stanford Cardinal (Free)
- Week 13 NCAAF Line Watch
Nov 25, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Nov 24, 2015
- Week 12 NFL Power Rankings
Nov 24, 2015
- NHL betting road map: Close games costing Canucks
Nov 23, 2015
- NFL Line Watch Week 12
Nov 23, 2015