NCAAF Power Rankings Week 8
NCAAF Power Rankings Week 8 from Scott “The Bulldog” Rickenbach
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- Will the Crimson Tide look ahead to their bye week and then the match-up @ LSU that follows? Quite easy for Alabama to overlook Tennessee which could lead to a non-covering win.
2. Ohio State Buckeyes -24
- The Buckeyes have failed to cover in 3 straight games and this is another tricky match-up for Ohio State this week as they are at Purdue and the Boilermakers offense has been rolling all season!
3. Clemson Tigers -23.5
- Clemson is off a bye last week but so too is the undefeated NC State team that the Tigers host this week. Will the big number Clemson is laying Saturday prove to be too much?
4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish -23
- The Fighting Irish now get to enjoy their bye week, but Notre Dame did not impress in the non-covering win versus Pittsburgh.
5. LSU Tigers -22
- Possible flat spot for LSU as they are off their upset win versus Georgia but have a bye week on deck followed by Alabama. Possible trap game for Tigers but bad loss at Mississippi State in ’17 is motivation.
6. Michigan Wolverines -20.5
- Michigan off huge win over Wisconsin but Michigan State off huge win over Penn State. With those factors as well as the fact this is a rivalry game this may be a game just to watch not wager on!
7. Georgia Bulldogs -20.5
- The Bulldogs get a much-needed week off after the trip to LSU last week resulted in a loss. Trips to Florida and Kentucky are up next though so tough games upcoming for Georgia.
8. Texas Longhorns -20.5
- The Longhorns shocking opening loss is appearing more and more like it was an aberration. After a hard-fought win over Baylor, a bye week this week for Texas before traveling to Stillwater next!
9. Central Florida Golden Knights -19.5
- UCF barely survived a big test at revenge-minded Memphis last week. Will they now get caught looking right past East Carolina and look ahead to their bye week? A lot of points here on the road!
10. Oklahoma Sooners -19
- Oklahoma’s offense has been one of the most efficient in the nation this season but their horrible performance on D versus Texas cost the Sooners DC his job. Coming off bye…response from D @ TCU?
11. Oregon Ducks -18
- Oregon was well rested after bye week and got big-time revenge last week hosting Washington. Can Ducks sustain momentum at Washington State after a big win like that? Another revenge opportunity.
12. Florida Gators -18
- The Gators took punches early but statistically did have a good performance at Vanderbilt and got the big road win. Now it is a well-deserved bye for Florida but then Georgia is up next!
13. West Virginia Mountaineers -16.5
- The Mountaineers got drilled at Iowa State last week and now need to regroup during their bye week.
14. Washington Huskies -16
- Off tough loss at Oregon but should roll big versus Colorado this week as the Buffaloes have played the much weaker schedule and that showed in the loss at USC for the Buffs last week.
15. Penn State Nittany Lions -15.5
- Though the Nittany Lions did face a Michigan St team with a tough run D the inexcusable home loss proved that PSU was not over the blown win versus Ohio State. Can they bounce back at Indiana?
16. North Carolina State Wolfpack -15.5
- NC State is off a bye last week but so too is the undefeated Clemson team that the Wolfpack visit this week. Will the big number North Carolina State is getting Saturday prove to be enough?
17. Kentucky Wildcats -15.5
- Kentucky was playing a little “over their heads” and finally got tripped up at A & M two weeks ago. But now the Wildcats are off a much-needed opportunity to regroup (bye week) and Vandy D struggling!
18. Texas A & M Aggies -14.5
- Big OT win for the Aggies two weeks ago over Kentucky after they let a late lead slip away and they also outgained South Carolina by a significant margin in last week’s win. Now a well-deserved bye week!
19. Wisconsin Badgers -13.5
- Hurt by injuries, the Badgers then laid an egg versus Michigan and got rolled! Wisconsin needs a big bounce back win versus Illinois this week but are they healthy enough to do it? Big points here!
20. South Florida Bulls -13
- The Bulls are 6-0 SU on the season but have faced a soft schedule and barely survived a tough road test at Tulsa. 0-5-1 ATS Connecticut is off a bye and has stayed inside big numbers versus USF the L2 years.
21. Cincinnati Bearcats -12
- The Bearcats are 6-0 SU on the season and are off their bye week last week but they’ve played a relatively weak schedule and this match-up at Temple (4-1 SU L5) will be a very tough one!
22. Iowa Hawkeyes -12
- The Hawkeyes are on a roll and I don’t see them looking ahead to Penn State considering this is Iowa’s only home game between late-September and mid-November. Hawkeyes should smash Minnesota.
23. Stanford Cardinal -11.5
- Stanford has slipped to near the bottom of the top 25 in the rankings after losses at Notre Dame and versus Utah. After a much-needed bye last week, the Cardinal face ASU (also off a bye) and the Sun Devils, like the Cardinal, are also struggling on defense.
24. Colorado Buffaloes -11.5
- Colorado was rolling this season but had played a soft schedule. Things changed in a big way last week as the Buffaloes visited USC and lost big. Now a trip to Washington could be the knockout blow!
25. Michigan State Spartans -11.5
- Michigan State off huge win over Penn State but Michigan off huge win over Wisconsin. With those factors as well as the fact this is a rivalry game this may be a game just to watch not wager on!
- Dan Kaiser
- November 18, 2018 - 10:30 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -4.5 MINN (-104)
Kaiser has been killing it in NFL action.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers come into this game with a 2-0 mark to start the season. They are coming off a 78-69 win over Utah. The Golden Gopher offense is led by Amir Coffey with 16.0 points a game and he dishes out 5.0 assists a game. Jordan Murphy is pulling down 13.5 boards a game. As a team, they shoot 57.6percent from the field and 42.5 percent from three.
Texas A&M is 1-2 so far this season after losing 94-71 to Gonzaga on Thursday. Savion Flagg leads Texas A&M offense. He is putting up 17.7 points a game and is grabbing 8.7 boards a game. They are shooting 41.5percent from the field and 22.6 percent from three.
Texas A&M lost a lot of offense and depth to graduation and the NBA Draft after last season. Minnesota is young and hungry and has covered their first two games. The Aggies have failed to cover this year. Minnesota has a slightly more talented team and li like the way they have looked to start the season. I see them continuing their winning streak in this one.
Play on Minnesota. This is a 1* free play.