NCAA Basketball Fullcourt Report (Nov 11)
Here is a look at two college basketball games on Sunday afternoon.
Florida International at Boston College (-14) - 2:00 pm ET #520
Boston College is an experienced team that returns 74% possessions and 71% minutes played from last year's team and head coach Donahue should get this team out of the basement and possibly on the brink of a NCAA tournament bid. They should get a big and easy win over a depleted FIU team that will be replacing all 5 of their starters from last season, including their top 2 scorers. Isaiah Thomas is gone, so new coach Richard Pitino faces a major rebuilding project. Boston College is on the rise, while the Panthers have to start from scratch with minimal talent to work with.
Manhattan (+18) at Louisville - 4:00 pm ET #541
Manhattan's head coach, Steve Masiello, was Rick Pitino's former assistant and runs the same system as Louisville. The Jaspers came on late last year and with 3 returning starters they should be ready to go out of the gate this season. They have the talent to be a NCAA tournament team.
Louisville may have trouble stretching out to a big win as their offense is still a work in progress. Chane Behanan was suspended for preseason games, so he's coming into this game cold which could further disrupt the team's offensive chemistry. Pitino said, "I wish we had two more weeks of preparation." Also, Rick Pitino probably does not want to blowout or embarrass a former assistant and close friend in Steve Masiello.
- Will Rogers
- November 28, 2015 - 7:30 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -3.5 -106 Stanford
Notre Dame @ Stanford -4 7:30 EST
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are on the bubble as far as the playoffs are concerned, and they need a win here at Stanford, and possibly some help from teams like Nebraska, Penn State or TCU. The Cardinal's playoff hopes are a little slimmer, but they've already punched a ticket to the PAC12 Championship Game, and a win over the Irish could keep them in the discussion. My money is on a Stanford team that has a far more impressive body of work.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Christian McCaffrey - The Heisman hopeful ran for 192 yards on 29 carries last week, and he also rank back a 98 yard kick for a TD. He should find plenty of room to run against a Notre Dame team that surrendered 214 rushing yards to Boston College last week.
2. Injuries - The Irish are really banged up, and last week they lost leading rusher C.J. Prosise to a high ankle sprain. He's not likely to play on Saturday versus Stanford.
3. X-Factor - The Cardinal are 38-17 ATS in their last 55 home games, and they've covered in seven of their last nine versus a team with a winning record.
Selection: This is a play on the Stanford Cardinal (Free)
- Week 13 NCAAF Line Watch
Nov 25, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Nov 24, 2015
- Week 12 NFL Power Rankings
Nov 24, 2015
- NHL betting road map: Close games costing Canucks
Nov 23, 2015
- NFL Line Watch Week 12
Nov 23, 2015