Smart Box Series: Coaching Down The Stretch
By Marc Lawrence
The final four weeks of the NFL season are tantamount to the stretch run of a Graded Stakes horse race. It’s where all big races are won and lost.
It’s been said that if you don’t have the horse, you won’t win the race. For the most part this adage is right on the money. More time often than not, though, the ride the horse gets by his jockey is what puts the team in the winner’s circle. It’s why good jockeys are almost always atop quality horses in big races.
The same holds true for head coaches in the NFL. They too are the pilots, guiding their team to the wire, with game plans designed for success or failure… whichever the case may be.
From a profit and loss standpoint, listed below are the BEST and WORST current head coaches and their NFL career ATS records during Games 13-16 – minimum four occurrences (current team in parenthesis). All results are ATS (Against The Spread).
Home: KUBIAK (Hou) 10-4
Away: SMITH M (Atl) 6-2
Favorite: KUBIAK (Hou) 5-1
Dog: McCARTHY (GB) 7-0
Home: GARRETT (Dal), MULARKEY (Jax) 1-3
Away: WHISENHUNT (Az) 0-8
Fav: CARROLL (Sea) 1-6
Dog: WHISENHUNT (Az) 3-6
For a comprehensive listing of every coach in every role – including their absolute BEST and WORST roles – be sure to check out Marc’s complete ‘Coaching Down The Stretch’ article on this site …
- Kansas City
- Marc Lawrence
- July 30, 2015 - 7:07 PM
- Offered at:
- betonline @ 125 Kansas City
Play - Kansas City Royals w/Duffy.
Edges - Royals: Danny Duffy 6-0 with 1.15 ERA last six team starts, during the month of July. Blue Jays: Marco Estrada 3-7 team starts at night this season, and Toronto 3-7 last ten games versus left-handers.
With Duffy 4-0 with a 1.38 ERA in his last four overall team starts, we recommend a 1* play on Kansas City. Thank you and good luck as always.
• Off a 3-0 sweep yesterday, Marc has now delivered the money in 13 of his last 18 MLB 10* releases, and Thursday night he features a 10* play backed with a pair of 100% perfect winning angles inside the game that have each NEVER LOST the money. You know what to do!
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Jul 28, 2015
- Quicken Loans National Preview
Jul 28, 2015
- MLB Cheat Sheets: July 27-31
Jul 27, 2015
- 2015 Pac-12 Conference Football Preview
Jul 26, 2015
- 2015 NCAAF Conference Preview - SEC
Jul 25, 2015