NCAAB - Exposing the Top 25
Most Underrated Top 25 Team - Minnesota Golden Gophers (15-2, 11-4 ATS)
The Golden Gophers took an 11 game winning streak into Indiana when they faced the Hoosiers on Saturday, and while the streak came to an end, they did give Indiana a run for their money. The Gophers have been a good bet all year, in fact their record ATS is the best of any team in the top 25.
They have played 5 ranked teams this season and have won three of those five games. Their only two losses came against Duke and Indiana, and both those teams have been ranked in the top spot in the country at some point during the season. Minnesota will be in danger of losing a third consecutive game as they host #3 Michigan on Thursday.
Most Overrated Top 25 Team - Wichita State Shockers (15-2, 8-6 ATS)
The Shockers have an impressive record at 15-2 to start the season, but when you look at their opponents so far, it soon becomes apparent that they haven't really played anybody. They have taken advantage of an easy schedule, without playing a ranked opponent so far this season. They lost their last game at home to the Evansville Purple Aces by a score of 71-67.
They will take on Illinois State on Wednesday, before playing #12 ranked Creighton this weekend. It will mark the first time that either team has faced a top 25 opponent. It's safe to assume that the loser of this meeting will be dropped from the rankings next week.
Unranked Team That Should Be Ranked – Oregon Ducks (14-2, 8-6 ATS)
The Ducks recently ended the Arizona Wildcats unbeaten run to start the season, winning 70-66 at home. The victory marked their second win over a top 25 opponent this year, as they beat UNLV by a score of 83-79 in Las Vegas back in November. The Ducks are still unbeaten at home, with a record of 12-0 this season, and winners of 18 in a row dating back to last season.
They head out on the road on Thursday to take on Pac-12 rivals USC, and then they face an even tougher task taking on the Bruins in California over the weekend. While the game against UCLA is their only meeting with a top 25 team for the remainder of the season, it isn't as though their schedule is going to be easy.
The Ducks will play home and home series' against Colorado, Utah, Cal and the Washington Huskies.
- Will Rogers
- May 27, 2015 - 1:10 PM
- Offered at:
- 5dimes @ 1.5 -135 Philadelphia
1* free play on the Philadelphia Phillies RL...
The Philadelphia Phillies lost in extra-innings at Citi Field last night, and they will look to avoid a sweep here in the series finale on Wednesday afternoon. Philly is a big dog despite the Mets handing the ball to an unproven rookie, and I'll take a stab at the visitors on the runline.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Pitching - Sean O'Sullivan will get the start for the Phillies, and he's been pretty sharp overall this season. O'Sullivan (1-3, 3.54 ERA) allowed a pair of runs on five hits over six innings in a 2-1 loss at Washington his last time out. Prior to that he tossed six scoreless frames in a home win over the Diamondbacks. The Mets counter with 22 year old Noah Syndergaard, who has lost two of his first three major league starts.
2. Chase Utley - The veteran second baseman is swinging a hot bat of late, he's 4-for-7 with a pair of RBIs in this series so far. His 22 RBIs at Citi Field over the last three seasons are almost double what he has in any other ballpark outside Philly during that span.
3. X-Factor - The Mets have won eight of the last 10 meetings between these two teams, but half of those victories came in one-run ballgames.
Selection: This is a play on the Philadelphia Phillies +1.5. (Free)
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
May 26, 2015
- AT&T Byron Nelson Championship Preview
May 26, 2015
- MLB Power Rankings: Week of May 25th
May 25, 2015
- MLB: Most Profitable and Costliest Teams
May 25, 2015
- English Premier League Survival Sunday Preview
May 20, 2015