NCAAB - Exposing the Top 25
Most Underrated Top 25 Team - Georgetown Hoyas (21-4 SU, 14-7 ATS)
Georgetown is the hottest team in the country, without a doubt. They have won nine straight, covering the points in all of those victories. It's even more impressive than it sounds though, when you look at who they are beating.
The went to South Bend and defeated the #24 Notre Dame Fighting Irish by a score of 63-47, and then followed that up with a home win over #5 Louisville. It was their latest victory that is the most impressive however, winning on the road against Syracuse in a convincing 57-46 win at the Carrier Dome.
They have a big game coming up on Wednesday in Connecticut, it isn't going to be easy against the Huskies, but Georgetown hasn't had any troubles winning on the road lately. They finish the season with a home meeting versus Syracuse, and you know the Orange will have revenge on their minds.
Most Overrated Top 25 Team - Wisconsin Badgers (19-8 SU, 10-14-1 ATS)
I had the Badger pegged as the most overrated team in the nation last week, and a win over Northwestern has done nothing to change my mind since then. Last week I said: "The Badgers have the lowest winning percentage of any of the ranked teams, yet they find themselves ranked No. 17 overall. Wisconsin has been a losing bet this year, with a terrible 9-14-1 ATS record. The Badgers are only averaging 67 points per game and they are just shooting 42.6 percent from the field."
While they did manage to cover in their win over a weak Northwestern team, they haven't improved their shooting percentage, and they only matched their season average of 67 points. The Badgers play Nebraska at home Tuesday, and they will be a 16 point favorite in that game. They face a much tougher test when they take on Michigan State in East Lansing next Thursday.
Unranked Team That Should Be Ranked – Connecticut Huskies (19-7 SU, 12-10 ATS)
The Huskies have put together back to back wins, and they are now ahead of #23 Pittsburgh, and just one game back of #21 Notre Dame in the Big East standings. Connecticut's 19-7 record is better than Wisconsin's 19-8 record, yet the Badgers find themselves in the #16 slot.
Connecticut has victories over Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Michigan State. Their next game is at home against Georgetown, and it is going to be a tough one, but if the Huskies can get past the Hoyas, you have to like their chances of sneaking into the top 25 next week.
- Will Rogers
- November 28, 2015 - 7:30 PM
- Offered at:
- pinnacle @ -3.5 -106 Stanford
Notre Dame @ Stanford -4 7:30 EST
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are on the bubble as far as the playoffs are concerned, and they need a win here at Stanford, and possibly some help from teams like Nebraska, Penn State or TCU. The Cardinal's playoff hopes are a little slimmer, but they've already punched a ticket to the PAC12 Championship Game, and a win over the Irish could keep them in the discussion. My money is on a Stanford team that has a far more impressive body of work.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Christian McCaffrey - The Heisman hopeful ran for 192 yards on 29 carries last week, and he also rank back a 98 yard kick for a TD. He should find plenty of room to run against a Notre Dame team that surrendered 214 rushing yards to Boston College last week.
2. Injuries - The Irish are really banged up, and last week they lost leading rusher C.J. Prosise to a high ankle sprain. He's not likely to play on Saturday versus Stanford.
3. X-Factor - The Cardinal are 38-17 ATS in their last 55 home games, and they've covered in seven of their last nine versus a team with a winning record.
Selection: This is a play on the Stanford Cardinal (Free)
- Best bang for your NFL Week 12 daily fantasy buck
Nov 25, 2015
- Thanksgiving Football Podcast (NFL + NCAA)
Nov 25, 2015
- Week 13 NCAAF Line Watch
Nov 25, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
Nov 24, 2015
- Week 12 NFL Power Rankings
Nov 24, 2015