NCAAF Power Rankings Week 11
NCAAF Power Rankings Week 11 from Scott “The Bulldog” Rickenbach
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- The blowout win for the Crimson Tide over LSU certainly proved that, undoubtedly Alabama ranks as best team in the nation. Alabama is a big favorite this week versus Mississippi State (tough Bulldogs D).
2. Clemson Tigers -24.5
- After destroying Louisville last week, are the Tigers priced too high at Boston College this week. Hard to go against Clemson but the Eagles have held their own this season. Clemson certainly earns #2 ranking!
3. Notre Dame Fighting Irish -24
- The Fighting Irish continue to impress as they are undefeated on the season after a solid win at Northwestern. Notre Dame is priced high versus an FSU team with more talent than record indicates!
4. Georgia Bulldogs -22.5
- The Bulldogs continued to roll last week at Kentucky as the Georgia offense proved vastly superior. That should prove to be the case again this week but it is a big line against rival Auburn.
5. Michigan Wolverines -22.5
- Michigan got a huge revenging win over a slumping Penn State team. Nittany Lions had been getting some wins but were unimpressive. Wolverines defense tops in nation and will dominate Rutgers.
6. Oklahoma Sooners -21.5
- Oklahoma’s offense has been one of the most efficient in the nation and now the OU defense, after firing their DC, certainly has responded though Texas Tech was a challenge. Rival OSU will be too!
7. Central Florida Knights -20.5
- Central Florida snuck out another cover last week versus Temple. Although the Navy team they face this week is 2-7, do the Knights get caught looking head to a big game with Cincinnati?
8. Ohio State Buckeyes -20
- Ohio State certainly did not impress in their non-covering win versus Nebraska and now they’ve got a “war” on their hands at Michigan State. The Spartans are my #26 team and are at home for this one.
9. West Virginia Mountaineers -20
- The Mountaineers are off a thrilling win at Texas last week in a battle at the top of the Big 12. Will they have enough left in the tank to cover large number vs TCU team much better than their 4-5 record?
10. Washington State Cougars -19.5
- Washington State got by a solid Cal defense last week. They should be able to stay hot against a Colorado team that is on the fade right now but a trip to Boulder off a big game is still a tough spot.
11. LSU Tigers -19.5
- LSU got beat badly by Alabama. While there is no real shame in losing to the top team in the nation, the concern for the Tigers is will they respond. Road trip to Arkansas as double digit fave not easy!
12. Kentucky Wildcats -17.5
- Kentucky wants to bounce back off a loss to a tough Georgia team last week. But teams are known for struggling the week after facing the Bulldogs and Tennessee has revenge on its mind in this one.
13. Syracuse Orange -16
- Syracuse has a defense with plenty of question marks but the offense has, thus far, more than made up for it this season. They host Louisville whom will be looking to atone for ugly loss to Clemson.
14. Utah State Aggies -15.5
- The Aggies continued to roll last week but will the road trip to Hawaii end up taking a little out of them this week. Luckily for Utah State they host the horrible San Jose State Spartans this week.
15. Texas Longhorns -15.5
- The Longhorns are suddenly off B2B losses after a heart-breaking loss to Mountaineers last week. A trip to Lubbock facing a team in a similar situation could prove equally tough.
16. Boston College Eagles -15
- The Eagles certainly deserve not only moving into the rankings but also moving in to a very strong position. However, even though they’re at home, facing Clemson is a brutal first test this week!
17. Fresno State Bulldogs -15
- The Bulldogs, at 8-1, have earned their way into the rankings and Fresno State got revenge at UNLV last week. However, Fresno State faces a 7-2 Boise State team in a rare home underdog role against them!
18. Washington Huskies -14.5
- The Huskies impressed against Stanford last week and now get a well-deserved bye before a “warm-up game” against Oregon State before “The Game” with Washington to follow the next week.
19. Mississippi State Bulldogs -14.5
- Mississippi State impressed by maintaining focus in a non-conference match-up versus Louisiana Tech last week. Now a visit to Alabama where the Bulldogs catch the Tide off huge win over LSU. Interesting!
20. Florida Gators -14
- The Gators got crushed by Georgia and then got upset by Missouri. They will be in full-on rebound mode (and with revenge) as they host South Carolina this week. Can Florida turn “it” back on?
21. Penn State Nittany Lions -13.5
- The Nittany Lions want to respond this week (after getting destroyed by Michigan) and the Badgers have had issues of their own (including QB Alex Hornibrook). Is Penn State too deflated to respond?
22. NC State Wolfpack -13
- The Wolfpack have earned a spot in the rankings and certainly should have no problem with a Wake Forest team struggling badly with defense this season. Thursday game for NC State.
23. Cincinnati Bearcats -12
- The Bearcats continue to impress and their numbers on defense this season are particularly strong. That should be a key factor against a South Florida team this week that seems to be in disarray!
24. Iowa State Cyclones 11.5
- Four straight wins for the Cyclones as they’ve certainly earned a spot in the rankings. Solid defense this season and that will be key for Iowa State in slowing down a Baylor team that beat OSU last week!
25. Utah Utes -11.5
- Utah was on a roll but then disappointed at Arizona State. Now they take a shot at revenge versus Oregon. Barely clinging to a spot in the rankings, the Utes must prove last week was an aberration.
- James White Anytime TD
- Jesse Schule
- February 3, 2019 - 6:30 PM
- Offered at:
- bet365 @ 110 (True) - James White Anytime TD
1* free play on James White anytime TD.
This is a Free #NFL play on James White anytime TD.
The 2017 NFC Championship game between the Packers and the Falcons closed with a playoff record high total of 59.5 (just slightly higher than the opening total of 58 in SB LIII). That game lived up to expectations, with Atlanta winning by a score of 44-21. Eight different players scored touchdowns in that game, and plenty of money was made by bettors who play the prop market.
Despite expectations of record scoring, the bookmakers failed to adjust the prices for individual players to score touchdowns, and offered low totals on receptions and total yards for receivers. I wrote a couple of articles, detailing what I felt was a “Big Mistake” by bookmakers. In one of those articles I listed my top nine players to score touchdowns, and seven of those players ended up finding “pay dirt”, which would have been quite profitable considering five of those players were paying out as underdogs.
It doesn’t look like the books have made any adjustments for the Super Bowl, certainly not when it comes to individual players to score touchdowns. James White hasn't scored yet in the playoffs, after being the "go to guy" in the regular season. My PERFECT 5-0 Super Bowl card last season included a play on James White to score a TD, and he didn't disappoint.