Projected BCS matchups and pointspreads: Week 12
Kansas St. Wildcats vs. Oregon Ducks
Projected line: Oregon -6
After being on the outside looking in, Kansas St. moved into the BCS Championship and it can thank Texas A&M for that. The Wildcats season is far from over however as they still have a tough test at Baylor and then close at home against Texas. Oregon let California hang around for a little bit last week before pulling away for another blowout win. The Ducks do not look like they can be stopped on offense and despite a strong Kansas St. defense, Oregon will be the favorite but not as big as everyone would presume.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Texas A&M Aggies
Projected line: Oklahoma -7
The Fiesta Bowl will grab Oklahoma, replacing Kansas St., as the Sooners will be the second highest ranked Big XII team. The Sooners are still not out of the woods with three tough games left. The second choice is a bit less clear but it would be hard not to take the Aggies which are coming off the big upset of Alabama and are playing as good as anyone right now. Texas A&M likely is not going to be in the SEC Championship so the automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl won't happen. This will be a rematch from the Big XII days and one that Oklahoma had dominated.
Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida St. Seminoles
Projected line: Florida St. -10
The Orange Bowl remains the same as Florida St. still has the inside track to the ACC Championship thanks to its come-from-behind win at Virginia Tech on Thursday. The Seminoles should have no problem taking out the ACC Coastal opponent as that division is weak. Louisville was handed its first loss of the season at Syracuse which showed its 9-0 record was in fact fraudulent. The Cardinals are still ranked higher than Rutgers and their game there on November 29th will decide the Big East Conference. No matter who the Florida St. faces, it will be a big favorite as the Big East as a whole is fragile.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Projected line: Notre Dame -5
With Oregon playing for the National Championship, the Rose Bowl would have first shot at grabbing an at-large team and it would no doubt take Notre Dame instead of sticking with tradition and taking a mediocre Pac 12 team. Nebraska will have to contend with Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship but the Huskers are playing well with four straight wins and two more likely wins to end the regular season. Notre Dame will get the nod at the betting window based on name and the fact that it will likely be undefeated with only USC remaining as the last obstacle.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Clemson Tigers
Projected line: Alabama -12
Alabama's BCS Championship hopes took a major hit with its loss to Texas A&M and it will now need a lot of help to get back into the championship talks. The Crimson Tide are still considered the best team in the country by many but a loss is a loss and they are going to have to settle with the Sugar Bowl. Because the SEC cannot have the second spot, Clemson falls into place here as the next highest ranked team and the Tigers are a good draw in these parts. They have won six straight games, all by 14 or more points yet they are still going to be a big underdog against Alabama.
- Will Rogers
- May 27, 2015 - 1:10 PM
- Offered at:
- 5dimes @ 1.5 -135 Philadelphia
1* free play on the Philadelphia Phillies RL...
The Philadelphia Phillies lost in extra-innings at Citi Field last night, and they will look to avoid a sweep here in the series finale on Wednesday afternoon. Philly is a big dog despite the Mets handing the ball to an unproven rookie, and I'll take a stab at the visitors on the runline.
Here are my keys to the game:
1. Pitching - Sean O'Sullivan will get the start for the Phillies, and he's been pretty sharp overall this season. O'Sullivan (1-3, 3.54 ERA) allowed a pair of runs on five hits over six innings in a 2-1 loss at Washington his last time out. Prior to that he tossed six scoreless frames in a home win over the Diamondbacks. The Mets counter with 22 year old Noah Syndergaard, who has lost two of his first three major league starts.
2. Chase Utley - The veteran second baseman is swinging a hot bat of late, he's 4-for-7 with a pair of RBIs in this series so far. His 22 RBIs at Citi Field over the last three seasons are almost double what he has in any other ballpark outside Philly during that span.
3. X-Factor - The Mets have won eight of the last 10 meetings between these two teams, but half of those victories came in one-run ballgames.
Selection: This is a play on the Philadelphia Phillies +1.5. (Free)
- Top 5 MLB "Jekyll & Hyde" Pitchers Since 2012
May 27, 2015
- See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets
May 26, 2015
- AT&T Byron Nelson Championship Preview
May 26, 2015
- MLB Power Rankings: Week of May 25th
May 25, 2015
- MLB: Most Profitable and Costliest Teams
May 25, 2015