NCAAF Power Rankings Week 7
NCAAF Power Rankings Week 7 from Scott “The Bulldog” Rickenbach
1. Alabama Crimson Tide -25
- The Crimson Tide are finally suffering ATS losses. 3 straight after a 3-0 ATS start. The Crimson Tide have been taking their foot off the gas in the 2nd half of games. That said, Alabama backers beware.
2. Georgia Bulldogs -24
- The early season schedule has been kind to the Bulldogs and that continued last week as they were huge favorite versus Vanderbilt. Georgia’s test has arrived though with a trip to LSU this week.
3. Ohio State Buckeyes -24
- The Buckeyes have barely survived a pair of scares. Earlier this season at “Jerry’s World” when they faced TCU and then two weeks ago at Penn State. Give credit to Ohio State for surviving each time!
4. Clemson Tigers -23.5
- The Tigers blasted Wake Forest last week and now have a bye this week before some tougher games up ahead on their schedule. Clemson “found a way” versus A & M and Syracuse this season.
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish -22.5
- The Fighting Irish continue to roll but they were outgained in their 22-point win at Virginia Tech last week. A bye week on deck, Notre Dame can’t afford to look past Pittsburgh.
6. Washington Huskies -21.5
- The Huskies defense has been susceptible when facing stronger teams and this is a huge match-up at Oregon this week. Ducks seeking revenge for back to back blowout losses to Washington. Big game!
7. West Virginia Mountaineers -21.5
- The Mountaineers proved two weeks ago that they could get a big W on the road as they won at Texas Tech. West Va is averaging 41.4 points per game but can’t afford a let-up at Iowa State with bye on deck.
8. Penn State Nittany Lions -21
- Though the Nittany Lions did reward their backers two weeks ago, they certainly should have also notched the outright upset win over Ohio State. After bye week, now Michigan St (tough run D) visits.
9. Wisconsin Badgers -19.5
- Easy win over Nebraska last week but tough road contest at Michigan this week. The Wolverines defense rates the edge over the Badgers. Can Wisconsin run on this tough defense this week?
10. Central Florida Golden Knights -19.5
- UCF is on a roll as an easy schedule has been part of the story for the Golden Knights this season. However, big test at revenge-minded Memphis this week.
11. LSU Tigers -19
- Three turnovers doomed LSU at Florida last week but now they are home against Georgia this week with a chance to redeem themselves. Will they take advantage of the opportunity though?
12. Texas Longhorns -19
- The Longhorns shocking opening loss is appearing more and more like it was an aberration. Another very impressive win for Texas versus Oklahoma last week. Can they maintain focus versus Baylor?
13. Oklahoma Sooners -18.5
- Oklahoma’s offense has been one of the most efficient in the nation this season but their horrible performance on D versus Texas cost the Sooners defensive coordinator his job. Now on bye week.
14. Michigan Wolverines -18.5
- Michigan continues to dominate with their tough run defense. Wisconsin certain to be a tough test this week. Wolverines held to 20 or less in their 2 toughest match-ups this season – ND and Northwestern.
15. Miami Hurricanes -17
- Miami survived revenge-minded Seminoles last week but possible “upset alert” game with match-up at Virginia this week and a bye week to look forward to. Can Hurricanes strong defense stay focused?
16. Florida Gators -16.5
- The Gators are off a huge win over LSU. Though this week could be a “flat spot” at Vanderbilt (especially with a bye on deck for Florida), the Commodores have struggled versus quality teams.
17. Texas A & M Aggies -16
- Big OT win for the Aggies over Kentucky after they let a late lead slip away. Off that big win they could be flat this week on the road but face a South Carolina team off a big win as well. Big SEC game.
18. Kentucky Wildcats -15.5
- Kentucky was playing a little “over their heads” and finally got tripped up at Texas A & M but now the Wildcats get a much-needed opportunity to regroup during their bye week.
19. Oregon Ducks -15
- Ducks survived (and thrived) in a tough test at Cal two weeks ago. Now Oregon offense is well rested after bye week and seeks big-time revenge this week hosting Washington. Can Ducks D get stops?
20. Colorado Buffaloes -14
- Colorado is rolling this season but has played a soft schedule. Now things change in a big way this week as the Buffaloes visit Southern Cal Saturday. The Trojans are only 3-2 but faced much tougher schedule.
21. North Carolina State Wolfpack -13.5
- The Wolfpack are 5-0 SU on the season and now get to enjoy their bye week but then have a truly tough schedule the remainder of this season. Could be a quick fall from the ranks up ahead!
22. South Florida Bulls -13
- The Bulls are 5-0 SU on the season but have faced a soft schedule. This is likely to be a tough road test at Tulsa. The Golden Hurricane looked better in their loss at Houston and have played tougher schedule.
23. Cincinnati Bearcats -12.5
- The Bearcats are 6-0 SU on the season and get to enjoy their bye week this week but they’ve yet to play Central Florida and South Florida – also undefeated and in the American Athletic Conference.
24. Auburn Tigers -12
- The Tigers, from a statistical standpoint, were not nearly as dominant as the final score versus Arkansas three weeks ago would indicate. Mentioned upset alert at Miss State last week and that is indeed what happened. Will Auburn respond this week against a Tennessee team that is stuck in a downward cycle?
25. Stanford Cardinal -11.5
- The Cardinal have slipped to the bottom of the top 25 in the rankings after losses at Notre Dame and versus Utah. Stanford has a much-needed bye this week and much to prove the rest of this season if they are to remain in the rankings.
- Scott Rickenbach
- June 24, 2019 - 7:05 PM
- Offered at:
- bet365 @ PHI (-120)
Free Pick Monday MLB from Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach
Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach MLB Rotation #902 Monday Free Pick Philadelphia Phillies Money Line (-) vs New York Mets @ 7:05 ET - The Phillies are in a horrible slump but, similar to my successful big play on a slumping Astros team yesterday, today looks like the perfect spot for Philadelphia to snap their slump. The Phillies are 4-2 in Zach Eflin's home starts this season. Overall, he has been the most consistent starter for the Phillies this season. Eflin has allowed 3 or less runs in 11 of his 14 starts this season. Also, he has a 2.83 ERA on the season. The Mets are starting Steven Matz and he has allowed 9 runs (7 earned) in the 6 innings spanning his last two starts against the Phillies. Also, the New York southpaw is 2-5 with an ugly 6.21 ERA in his 8 road starts this season. The Mets are 17-27 in road games this season. The Phillies have lost 4 straight home games but were 23-13 on the season at Citizens Bank Park prior to this surprising stretch. That said, don't be surprised when Philly gets right back on track here. Free Pick PHILADELPHIA